sipwitch-devel

[Sipwitch-devel] Android

From: Chris Hall
Subject: [Sipwitch-devel] Android
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 21:10:31 -1000

Hi, I'm fascinated by this project, but rather concerned by the nearly
complete lack of activity on this mailing list.

Has there been any discussion of porting to Android?

I'm seriously considering it -- are there any showstoppers I need to
know about so I don't totally waste my time?  (I've more than two
decades of development experience, with reasonable amounts of
non-trivial Java and C, but no C++).

CSipSimple is a GPL Java wrapper around the Apache-licensed 'pjsip'
library and seems to be pretty actively developed.

I use CSipSimple on two different Android devices, and like it a lot.

I haven't looked at the code in either project yet, but it seems to me
that maybe porting at least the ZRTP then the P2P functionality of SIP
Witch would be a win.

TIA for any feedback, comments, suggestions.

Chris Hall