Re: [Simulavr-devel] Implementing device signatures

From: ThomasK
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Implementing device signatures
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 19:02:26 +0100

Hi Petr,

Oh well, I did not see your code. It appears you implemented the
signature detection in [1].

Right! I think, this should be the necessary part for signature and signature checking.

Have you considered merging it into trunk/master/whatever branch?

As you can se on commit dates on my branch, my time to spent for simulavr is gone out. :-) I think, reading in fuses, signature and such is production ready. That, where my time is gone out and what's unfinished, is processing fuses. I started to connect fuses with self programming behaviour. This isn't an easy job, I had some problems with datasheet and hor it's to interpret or how it's really working.

So: use, whatever you can use from my code, maybe by cherrypicking (but this is sometimes also a hard job) or just copy and paste, whatever is usable. I don't know, when I'll finish my incomplete work. I know, that I have to merge and rewrite many parts, if I can start again.

The case A requires some some more code. I would like to implement it

Yes. And, at first a really good idea, how to solve 2 different goals:

- hold signature for a specific device inside a AvrDevice instance to process signature on loading code and such.

- have a table with specific AvrDevice classes by signature to select the right device by signature in code. This needs some parts of loading code outside of AvrDevice class, maybe a preload function and a idea to modify Onno's AvrFactory functionality. Maybe create a special "code class", which gets filename and delivers code parts, make checks and such.

A third point could be, that we havn't to change inside 2 or more sources (except sources for the specific device) to get a device available, because this could also be a source of problems. (if somebody forgots a part)

cu, Thomas