[Simulavr-devel] С++ simulavr differs from C-versi on + MSVS simulavr re

From: Сергей Смирнов
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] С++ simulavr differs from C-versi on + MSVS simulavr release compile failed.
Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 13:35:07 +0400

Hello, everybody.

1) I've found some differences in old simulavr and new simulavr (c++).

Let we have Eclipse with gdbinit file specified.
In gdbinit file we have two commands: "target remote localhost:1212" and
"load".
Eclipse seems to run avr-gdb with "--command=gdbinit" option, then it executes
(Eclipse executes) some commands and one of them is "target remote
localhost:1212".
When debugging with old simulavr "target remote" and "load" commands are
executed firstly by gdb (avr-gdb) from gdbinit file, but then "target remote"
is executed from eclipse for the second time (the first was from gdbinit)
without any error.
Debugging with new simulavr passes "load" command fine from gdbinit, but after
second command "target remote" to gdb from eclipse simulavr causes an error,
that's why debugging with eclipse fails (because of timeout error).
So why does the new version of simulavr refuses to make "target remote" gdb
command several times?

2) The Visual Studio simulavr project settings does not contain settings for
compiling in release mode. Actually adding settings for release the same as for
debug makes compiling release succeded.