[Simulavr-devel] about my recent commit to GIT repo

From: Petr Hluzín
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] about my recent commit to GIT repo
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 02:15:42 +0100

Hi folks

It seems my GIT client recently committed [1] John McCullough's patch
[2] which adds support for CAN devices.
It was an accident. By looking in the repository I do not even know
the meaning of what I just did.

I do understand the theory how git works (heck, I even read the
algebraic theory of patches) but I not understand what operations my
client offers to me and what those messages mean.

Do you recommend some user-friendly Git client for Windows?

I do not care how powerful a tool is if simple operations are not
simple and obvious. It is OK if the tool can be used with or is
supposed to be used with a GUI wrapper which satisfies the
requirement. Apparently TortoiseGit is not a such wrapper.

[1]
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/simulavr.git/commit/?id=c4df5a88ccc80d9c467527b3d329627c0175e33d
[2]
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/simulavr.git/commit/?id=f56acc77a3735bee226ae6171846894ed46eb3b6