Re: [Simulavr-devel] More trouble with new auto* infrastructure

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] More trouble with new auto* infrastructure
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:12:26 +0100

As Klaus Rudolph wrote:

> On my personal system I installed binutils/gcc etc from the
> distribution CD and the binutils/avr-gcc from source which results
> in different versions of binutils which means different versions of
> bfd.h. And compiling with a non compatible header will result in any
> kind of errors.

Of course, the version of libbfd.a/libbfd.so and bfd.h must match.

My only argument is *against* a test for an AVR-specific build of
libbfd that explicitly tests for the existance of avr-elf32.o within
the archive, and is thus rejecting the system libbfd even if
explicitly requesting it through --with-libbfd-path=/usr.

This test has not been there previously, and only came in with Bill's
recent changes.