[Simulavr-devel] Interrupts and timer 0

From: James Fitzsimons
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Interrupts and timer 0
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:55:02 +0100

Hi all,

I am just starting out with AVR development and simulavr and am trying
to get a simple program running that sets up timer 0 (on a at90s8515) to
generate an overflow interrupt and toggle the state of a flag.

I have managed to get Simulavr running and displaying register
information using simulavr-disp. I have also managed to get DDD to
connect to simulavr and am able to step through my program.

However, it seems that the value of TCNT0 isn't being incremented as I
expected, and the ISR I have setup to handle the overflow interrupt is
never called...

Strangely though, if I just run the program I get the following output
on the command line where I ran simulavr from:

MESSAGE: file avrcore.c: line 748: Raising irq # 10 [IRQ_TIMER0_OVF at
0xe]
MESSAGE: file avrcore.c: line 748: Raising irq # 10 [IRQ_TIMER0_OVF at
0xe]
MESSAGE: file avrcore.c: line 748: Raising irq # 10 [IRQ_TIMER0_OVF at
0xe]

Is there a bit of a howto somewhere or could someone give me some brief
instructions on how to debug using interrupts?

Thanks for any and all assistance you can provide,
James Fitzsimons

--
It's 5.50 a.m.... Do you know where your stack pointer is ?