[Simulavr-devel] New Release???

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] New Release???
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 13:53:20 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

It's been way too long since simulavr saw a release. Eric Weddington is
planning a new release of WinAVR and would like a new release of
simulavr.

I'm not really excited about cutting a release right now, but it makes
some sense.

- Gets more testing of the new features that Keith has been adding.
- My next changes are going to cut rather deeply and will probably break
  things in the short term.
- There's been a lot of changes since the last simulavr release.
- Things are somewhat stable right now.

So, I'm thinking about two weeks until a release. That will give some
more testing time and I know Keith's got a few more patches pending
which will hopefully be ready soon (they may need to be deferred
though).

I've got some more free time coming after Xmas and would like to use it
for some big architectural changes.

I'm going to set a tentative release date for 0.1.2 of the 17th.

In the mean time, I'll try to add some of the recently discussed test
suite infrastructure to automate testing of the new features.

Ted Roth