Re: [Simulavr-devel] Building on Cygwin

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Building on Cygwin
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:23:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, E. Weddington wrote:

> With some minor changes, I can build SimulAVR from the
> today's CVS on Cygwin!
>
> The changes that need to be put in for building on Cygwin
> seem to be needed in the configury. I don't know much about
> this so I can't provide a nice patch. Ted, if you could
> help on this I'd appreciate it.
>
> 1. In /src/disp and /src/disp-vcd, add -lintl to the
> library flags in the Makefile. I put it on the LIBS= line.

Is this because of the use of curses? Can you show me the error
generated?

> 2. In /test_c it seems to create:
> demo.elf.exe
> demo_kr.elf.exe
> deep_frame.elf.exe
>
> when they should all be *.elf only. I would get error
> messages about "can't find demo.elf" and I would notice
> that I would have demo.elf.exe. I would just rename the
> file and run make again and it would continue to the next
> one. After renaming the three files above, make finished
> and make install worked for me.

Run configure with --disable-tests for now to work around this. You
don't need to compile the tests in order to compile the simulator.

Send me (off-list) a copy of the Makefile that was generated in the
test_c directory. I'd like to see what rules were generated by
automake.

Ted Roth