Re: [Simulavr-devel] ATmega8 patch (and other patches)

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] ATmega8 patch (and other patches)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 11:25:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Tuukka Pasanen wrote:

> hi,
>
> There is two patches. First one: simulavr-atmega8-31072003.diff
> is ATMega8 stuff (hopefully i made everything right). Biggest
> problem was that ATmega8 doesn't seem to have portA so i made ditry
> hack. That should be made more nicely.

Why did you do this:
+
+  /* ports        */  "a0b8c7d8",
+

Instead of this:
+
+  /* ports        */  "b8c7d8",
+

If the port doesn't exist, just don't create it. See defn_at90s1200
for example.

I don't see a need for setting the width to 0.

> Patch two simulavr-bootstrap_sh-31072003.diff makes bootstrap.sh
> work with newer autoconf and automake (boostrap.sh does well. I use
> SuSE 8.2 no error occurred).

My plan is to rewrite the configure.in as configure.ac using
automake-1.7.x and autoconf-2.57 soon. I will not support multiple
versions of autoconf and/or automake as it's been nothing but a
headache in other projects where I've tried it. It's trivial to have
the proper versions installed in your home directory (I have many
versions installed myself).

> ATmega8 patch is not much tested but it should work. I'll test it
> more and make patch better.
>
> Tuukka
>
> ps. they are made against yesterdays CVS

Thanks for the patches.

Ted Roth