[Simulavr-devel] stimulus question, vectors at code start

From: Marcell Gal
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] stimulus question, vectors at code start
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:38:13 +0100

Hi Guys,

I have 3 questions:
- stimulus of the pins of simulavr virtual device from other program
- avr-gcc compiles 4 byte jump instructions to the start of text section
instead of 2 byte vectors
- simulavr -d atmega128 state

I am avr-beginner, so forget me if I ask some of this is documented
but I could not find it.

1. The first question is if I have the environment of an atmega128
 simulated in computer (in C under linux, if that matters). and
would like to run simulavr, how can I interface them?
I'd like to be able to call some rutines to notify when atmega128
inputs change and be notified when simulavr changes state of
some output pins (I think these routines could pass the time
as a parameter counted in ticks maybe).
Maybe messages via tcp port...
Is this supported ?

==========================
2. This is probably very easy, please help:
a.out:
        avr-gcc  -mmcu=atmega103 -I/usr/avr/include eficell.c

# avr-objdump -d a.out |head  shows that
#eficell:     file format elf32-avr
#Disassembly of section .text:
#00000000 <.text>:
#       0:       0c 94 30 00     jmp     0x60
# .....
#      5c:       0c 94 50 00     jmp     0xa0
#
#00000060 <_real_init_>:
#      60:       11 24           eor     r1, r1
#....

# We can see it begins with 4 byte jumps instead of
# 2 byte interrupt vectors (starting with reset, interrupt 1, etc..)
How can I make a binary image that could be downloaded to atmega128 flash?

3. I understand that simulavr's primary target is at90 .... at the moment,
I'd like to know how well atmega128 is simulated. Probaly this is
2 questions, how well
 - avr5 instructions
 - atmega128  IO
are simulated ?