sed-devel

FYI, 8 patches incoming

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: FYI, 8 patches incoming
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 17:21:02 -0800

Quick summary:

I've removed some tech debt from configure.ac (excluded warnings), and
the newly-enabled warnings exposed several minor problems that were
easy to fix.

Portability fixes to avoid unwarranted test failures due to our use of
the "returns_" function.

Since sed now uses gnulib's DFA matcher, it definitely needs the recent updates.

Plus, I fixed a "make distcheck" failure.

      maint: fix two "make syntax-check" failures
      maint: remove unused parameters
      maint: fix -Wformat-exposed errors in uses of "panic"
      build: avoid "make distcheck" failure due to leftover .Po files
      build: stop suppressing many -W... warnings
      tests: use "returns_ 1" rather than "&& fail=1"
      gnulib: update to latest
      tests: use "returns_ N env VAR=val ..."

I'll push these in a few hours.