Prompt not centered when started as detached

From: Joan Albert
Subject: Prompt not centered when started as detached
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 11:46:46 +0100

Hi everyone,

I am currently starting a screen session with my window manager in detached
mode (screen -d -m -S personal)
in order for all new terminals to be attached to it afterwards. The
thing is, that when I attach any terminal to it (screen -x personal) the
bash prompt within the screen session is located on the bottom part of the
terminal window, instead of being located at the top as usual.

What I tried, but did not work:
- Starting screen in detached mode manually (unrelated to the window manager)
- Using several screen command options while starting/attaching screen (-O, -A)
- Emptying .screenrc
- Trying with multiple displays

Could it be that detached mode has some kind of default size (which is
smaller than my terminal window?)

This happens in debian testing (bullseye) with xterm(363), bash(5.1) and
screen(4.08).

Thank you very much,
TS