Re: How to start a shell into an already existent screen

From: Brian
Subject: Re: How to start a shell into an already existent screen
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 12:51:57 -0500

On 24/06/2020 12.44, Brian wrote:
On 24/06/2020 11.46, Dario Lesca wrote:
I start a screen with

screen -dRS Test myshell.sh run1

It's possible start another my program (myshell.sh run2) on same screen
identify by "-S Test", like when I do a "C-a c" screen command and I
can list with C-a "?

Many thanks for reply

screen -dRS Test -X screen

This will open a new screen within the session "Test", but doesn't appear to reattach to it.  However, from within the named session, it will switch to the created screen.

Oops, i forgot to mention that you can add an executable to that:

  screen -dRS Test -X screen myshell.sh run1