Bell in caption when hardstatus is ignore

From: David Woodfall
Subject: Bell in caption when hardstatus is ignore
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 04:52:59 +0000

Hello

I've recently made a couple of binds to toggle the hardstatus. I can
turn it on with the string command, or set it to ignore.

I've just noticed though that when it is set to ignore I don't get my
visual bell in the caption window item. I still get a message about a
bell in window N. If I turn back on the hardstatus then the window
name starts to follow the rendition settings that I'm using.

So is there a way of getting the caption window name to follow the
rendition when hardstatus isn't visible?

I thought I'd seen an escape code for use in caption and hartdstatus
once, but I can't find it now.

Thanks for any suggestions.