Re: how do i sent a ctrl-alt-del over screen serial console

From: Jürgen Weigert
Subject: Re: how do i sent a ctrl-alt-del over screen serial console
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 18:19:25 +0200

Hey Jelle!

The serial line protocol defines one out of band sequence. Only one
unfortunately. This is triggerd with the break or pow_break commands.
Usually they behave identical, or only one of them works. you already
found the keybinding.

The exact effect of break or pow_break depends on the hardware that is
connected to the other end of the serial line.
Triggering sysrq is pretty much the best thing that a break can do.
All else depends on the second keystroke you send after the sysrq.

cheers, JW-