Re: Screen terminal freezes

From: Edmond Rodriguez
Subject: Re: Screen terminal freezes
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 17:01:15 -0400

Thanks, I will try looking at these, as they seem new and different from several other searched items I found.

Edmond

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Jostein Berntsen <address@hidden> wrote:
On 29.08.13,11:25, Edmond Rodriguez wrote:
> Nope, there is no output to the screen session, but it's an interesting
> question because I do an "ssh -t ..... address@hidden screen"  to get in to a
> remote host.   Maybe I should try sshing in as a terminal and run screen
> myself and see if the problem persists and/or a message is displayed that
> perhaps would not otherwise be displayed because of a tty issue?
>
> ssh -t option:
>      -t      Force pseudo-tty allocation.  This can be used to execute
> arbitrary screen-based programs on  a remote machine, which can be very
> useful, e.g. when implementing menu services.
>
> Thanks for the reply, and I look forward to any other comments.
>
> Edmond

Some input regarding possible causes for freeze here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4367669/the-gnu-screen-is-not-reponsive-seems-like-blocked
http://superuser.com/questions/340784/gnu-screen-any-command-causes-a-lockup

Jostein