Re: command to clear screen buffer?

From: Chris Jones
Subject: Re: command to clear screen buffer?
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 17:20:16 -0400

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 02:07:35PM EDT, Konstantin Svist wrote:

[..]

> Can that be made into a shortcut?

As suggested in the addendum above you could bind the command sequence
to a key.

One way to do this would be to stick the two commands in a file:

| $ cat $HOME/.scrbuff_screenrc
| scrollback 0
| scrollback 500

And add something like this to your $HOME/.screenrc

| bind 9 source $HOME/scrbuff_screenrc

You would then be able to hit 'CTRL-A 9' to clear the contents of the
scrollback buffer for the current screen window and reset it to a sane
value (here 500 lines).

I'm sure there are more elegant ways to do this, using a gnu/screen
registers for instance, but I wouldn't know the exact syntax off the top
of my head.

By 'elegant' I mean a solution that lets you stick everything in your
.screenrc and avoid the clumsy extra file.

CJ

--
Focus follow mouse users will burn in hell!!!