Re: screen script

From: Nick Atzert
Subject: Re: screen script
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 11:28:32 -0700

I've considered doing it that way but the list of servers is constantly changing. I help maintain about 20,000 machines globally. It will never be the same list.

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Alan Young <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Nick Atzert <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to setup a script where I can pass it a list of servers, a screen
> session would start with individual windows for each server and run a script
> against each of those servers.

You can setup a config file to look something like this:

screen -t 'server1' 0 /bin/bash -c "/path/to/server1script"
screen -t 'server2' 0 /bin/bash -c "/path/to/server2script"

Then call 'screen -c configfile'.
--
Alan Young