wall linux command not working?

From: Vladimir Todorov
Subject: wall linux command not working?
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 02:16:08 +0200

Hello everyone,

Today I had the need to broadcast a message to all logged in users. I tried the `wall` command and it worked fine. But if the user is using screen the message is not displayed.
In other words if you are working inside a screen session then you won't see any messages sent with the `wall` command.
Can someone more familiar help me out with this?
I am using Screen version 4.00.03jw4 (FAU) 2-May-06
Also I found the 'wall' screen command but it shows the messages in the hard-status line and they disappear after a while. Is there a way that I can send the messages to the virtual terminals in screen instead of the hard-status line?

Thank you,
Vladimir