ssh: Must be connected to a terminal

From: Colin Kincaid Williams
Subject: ssh: Must be connected to a terminal
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 21:39:20 -0800

Hi, I'm trying to run screen on a remote host through ssh however I get : Must be connected to a terminal.The server is a hosting account i pay for and get ssh shell on. I am able to compile code on it, however, I believe that it is a restricted jail shell. Is that why I can't use screen? I read and tried some different solutions found on the web. However, they did not work for me. Can somebody more knowledgeable can help me troubleshoot it?

Best,

Colin Williams