Re: multi-window searching, newer screen versions

From: Artur Skonecki
Subject: Re: multi-window searching, newer screen versions
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 10:46:06 +0200 (CEST)

#!/bin/sh
# screen_hardcopy.sh
# print window scrollbacks from all GNU Screen sessions
# it breaks when session names contain spaces *sigh*

SCREENDIR=/tmp/screens/S-$USER
HARDCOPYDIR=/tmp/screen-hardcopy-$USER

mkdir -p $HARDCOPYDIR

for session in $SCREENDIR/*
do
    session=$(basename "$session")
    mkdir -p "$HARDCOPYDIR/$session"
    screen -S "$session" -X eval "hardcopydir '$HARDCOPYDIR/$session'" "at '\#'
hardcopy -h"
done

for session in $SCREENDIR/*
do
    session="$(basename "$session")"
    for hardcopy in $HARDCOPYDIR/$session/*
    do
        winnum=$(echo "$(basename $hardcopy)" | cut -d '.' -f 2)
        sed "s/.*/$session : $winnum &/" "$hardcopy"
        rm "$hardcopy"
    done
    rmdir "$HARDCOPYDIR/$session"
done