all apps in my screen lost across X reboot

From: ping
Subject: all apps in my screen lost across X reboot
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 14:44:22 -0400

guys:
I use screen for years and I'm happy with it.
one thing annoyed me a lot is everytime when i need to reload X (it's not stable), and when I come back and find everything in my screen (vim, news, mutt, telnet, ssh,...everything) also went away, the session/windows are there though. searching the internet I haven't got much useful info.
people are saying they use screen to get persistent sessions across X...how can i archive that?

thanks!

regards
ping