Spawning a detached screen session for the sole purpose of running an ex

From: Dun Peal
Subject: Spawning a detached screen session for the sole purpose of running an executable or shell-command?
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:54:32 -0600

Hi,

I'd like to be able to run executables or (bash) shell-commands in
their own detached screen sessions, so I can naturally interact with
all their IO streams: read stdout and stderr, write to stdin.

What's the best way to do that?

Ideally it would be something like `git -dmS foo-interaction foo`,
where foo is the executable in the $PATH, except I tried that and it
didn't work.

Thanks, D.