Re: I'm searching a way to disable Ctrl-C

From: Aaron Davies
Subject: Re: I'm searching a way to disable Ctrl-C
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 00:23:05 -0500

On Dec 15, 2010, at 6:37 PM, Peder Stray wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Dec 2010, Stephane Ascoet wrote:
>
>> Hi, thanks for your answers, but I realised that I made a big mistake: It's
>> Ctrl-C which closes everythings and that I want to disable!
>
> Are you sure this is a screen-problem and not a ssh-problem?  That is, ctrl-c
> can easily kill an ssh-connection.  try 'ssh -e none ...' and see if that
> works.

under what circumstances? afaik there's no special binding for ^c in escape
mode, at least not in mine....

% ssh -V
OpenSSH_5.2p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8l 5 Nov 2009
% ssh `hostname`
Last login: Thu Dec 16 00:20:45 2010 from XXXXX
% ~?
Supported escape sequences:
  ~.  - terminate connection (and any multiplexed sessions)
  ~B  - send a BREAK to the remote system
  ~C  - open a command line
  ~R  - Request rekey (SSH protocol 2 only)
  ~^Z - suspend ssh
  ~#  - list forwarded connections
  ~&  - background ssh (when waiting for connections to terminate)
  ~?  - this message
  ~~  - send the escape character by typing it twice
(Note that escapes are only recognized immediately after newline.)