screen pid in hardstatus

From: Todd Freed
Subject: screen pid in hardstatus
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 13:13:41 -0700

Screen Users,

Something that comes up for me from time to time is I want to attach to currently running screen from elsewhere. The problem at this point is to determine the pid of that session, since I am always running several screens at once.

What would be ideal it seems to be is to add the pid of the current screen session to my harstatus line, so I could just with a glance get that pid for attaching purposes.

However from my perusal of the docs, it doesn't seem like the pid is one of the supported variables.

Is there a way for me to do this?

Thanks,

-Todd
This e-mail message and any attachments contain information that is
confidential and may be privileged.  If the reader of this e-mail is not the
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by
replying to this message or by sending an email to address@hidden, and destroy
all copies of this message and any attachments without reading or disclosing
them.  Thank you.