Masking Monitor/Silence?

From: Aaron Davies
Subject: Masking Monitor/Silence?
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 15:20:03 -0500

I don't suppose there's any easy way to mask some area of the screen
out of the monitor function? I normally run nested, with clocks in
both captions. I'd like to keep it this way, since it's been handy in
the past to have a record of the last time an overloaded box had the
spare cycles to update its screen's caption, but it obviously breaks
both monitor and silence on the outer screen to have some part of the
inner one (almost) guaranteed to update constantly.

The ideal would be some sort of dynamic mask I could define, in terms
of caption expansions, such that row -1 (the last row), range starting
at width of "%H ..." (e.g. whatever part of your particular caption
comes before the clock) and extending 11 columns, is ignored.

I realize this is probably an infeasibly complex request, but I
thought I'd throw it out there.

--
Aaron Davies
address@hidden