send commands to screen that is in ssh session

From: Toby Matejovsky
Subject: send commands to screen that is in ssh session
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 12:54:10 -0400

I'm trying to send a command to a screen which is also in an ssh session.

terminal 1:
screen -S foo

terminal 2:
screen -S foo -X exec echo hello world                    # terminal 1
executes "echo hello world" as expected
screen -S foo -X exec ssh address@hidden        # terminal 1 shows a
successful login
screen -S foo -X exec echo hello world                    # terminal 1
shows "Filter address@hidden", and nothing happens

This seems like some kind of security thing, but I don't see anything
about filters in the manual. How can I send commands to screen to
achieve an ssh login and then execute commands in that screen session
which are executed on the remote server?

Thanks

-Toby