Re: On Screen and XTerm and automatic window resizing...

From: Maciej Żenczykowski
Subject: Re: On Screen and XTerm and automatic window resizing...
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 22:27:24 +0200

> Here is from the manual:
>
> "  -A   Adapt  the  sizes of all windows to the size of the current
> terminal.  By default, screen tries to restore  its  old  window  sizes
> when  attaching  to  resizable  terminals  (those with "WS" in its
> description, e.g. suncmd or some xterm)."
>
> Can you use this option?

Yeah, I've tried that.  I'm not really sure what that option is
supposed to do, but either this isn't it's purpose, or I'm doing
something wrong.

Furthermore, judging from the comment, what I would want is the "no
-A" version of screen.  Except it doesn't actually seem to do what the
above fragment says, to quote:

> By default, screen tries to restore  its  old  window  sizes when  attaching
> to  resizable  terminals  (those with "WS" in its description, e.g. suncmd or
> some xterm)

Well for me it always seems to (if WS is present) resize to 80x24.
Regardless of the state of the session before it was detached (same
thing for a new session, with WS first thing screen does is resizes to
80x24).

Unfortunately I know nothing about termcap/terminfo...

Maybe some other setting is forcing the screen to 80x24?
Does anyone else have WS working?

-- Maciej