Re: using ';' as control character

From: Angel Popov
Subject: Re: using ';' as control character
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 01:06:47 -0800 (PST)

Thanks

--- On Mon, 8/3/10, Stephane Chazelas <address@hidden> wrote:

From: Stephane Chazelas <address@hidden>
To: "Angel Popov" <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden
Date: Monday, 8 March, 2010, 10:06 AM

2010-03-07 23:54:13 -0800, Angel Popov:
> Hi, I would like to use Ctrl+; as control character, but
> specifying it with escape ^;; in .screenrc does not help.What
> else can I try?Thanks, AngelP
[...]

There's no <Ctrl-;> character. Ctrl characters are the ones from

All you could do is configure your terminal emulator so that it
sends a specific character upon pressing the <Ctrl> + <;> key
combination and use that as the escape character. At the moment,
most likely, your terminal emulator sends the ";" character upon
pression <Ctrl+;>, just like upon pressing <;>.

--
Stephane

New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
Hurry before someone else does!