Intermittent problem stuffing commands to screen

From: Clint
Subject: Intermittent problem stuffing commands to screen
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:30:42 -0500

Greetings,

We have a startup script which creates a screen with about a dozen
consoles and as part of that script we send commands to each of the
console using the "stuff" syntax like so:

        screen -S services -p "$1" -X eval 'stuff "cd '$1'\015"'

We are finding that this script doesn't work all the time.  The script
will execute to the end, but sometimes certain commands executed with
stuff just seem to be ignored, like they never got stuffed to the
screen :)

Has anyone ever had any experience with an issue like this?  Any
insight would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Clint