Re: history list for Ctrl-exc-?, Ctrl-esc-/, Ctrl-]

From: Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
Subject: Re: history list for Ctrl-exc-?, Ctrl-esc-/, Ctrl-]
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:38:34 -0500

* Aaron Davies had this to say on [22 May 2009, 08:52:07 +0800]:
> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 12:21 AM, Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Is this kind of 'cycling through the command history that start with a
> > certain sequence' feature available in some application?
>
> isn't that basically what all modern shells (bash, zsh, etc.) do?
> ctrl-R, start typing a search string, then keep hitting ctrl-R to go
> further backwards in time.

This sounded like a good idea. I have pushed in changes to cycle through
the input history on ctrl+r. The behaviour is not exactly as it is in
bash, zsh etc., but I think it's still pretty intuitive.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/screen.git/commit/?id=bd6946ebc341b0059b3f5cda51787329fa51b536

Comments/suggestions welcome.

Sadrul