Re: How to test if screen has a specified window?

From: Wu, Yue
Subject: Re: How to test if screen has a specified window?
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 23:35:52 +0800

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 05:44:15 +0800, Sadrul Habib Chowdhury <address@hidden> wrote:

* Yue Wu had this to say on [11 Feb 2010, 09:45:12 +0800]:
Hi list,

I want do some script with screen, but I don't know how to know if screen has a window titled with "foo", if has, then do some thing, otherwise, do other
thing, is it possible in a sh script?

In the latest git version, you can do something like the following:

        screen -p foo -Q echo ""

If the window 'foo' does not exist, then it will terminate with a
non-zero status. More at:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/screen-users/2010-02/msg00031.html

Thanks, I'm using the latest released version, I'll try when this version is released.

--
Hi,
吴悦