Re: General way to extract status info?

From: Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
Subject: Re: General way to extract status info?
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:35:16 -0500

* Aaron Davies had this to say on [21 Jan 2010, 17:15:54 -0500]:
> Is there a general way to get "status" info (e.g., sessionname,
> number, info, time, version, last message, etc.) out of the message
> line and into the terminal? Possibilities that occur to me include
> making it the paste buffer or pushing it onto stdin.

In the latest git version, you can use the -Q flag for these tasks, e.g.
'screen -Q number' will print 'number (title)' of the current window to
stdout etc. [1]

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/screen-users/2010-02/msg00031.html

Sadrul