Re: at-command and NEED_DISPLAY

From: Peder Stray
Subject: Re: at-command and NEED_DISPLAY
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 22:48:23 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, Sadrul Habib Chowdhury wrote:

* Peder Stray had this to say on [03 Feb 2010, 20:22:54 +0100]:
[snip]

btw... does the git-screen have support for using the session-name for sourcing different configs? like 'source .screenrc-$SESSIONNAME' or some such?

I don't think that's possible. When you are specifying the session name, wouldn't it make sense to specify the config filename in there too? (or perhaps create a shell wrapper/alias to do it for you?) For example,

screen.sh:
        #!/bin/sh
        screen -c .screenrc-$1 -S $@

with this script, you could do 'screen.sh sessionname --other-params'

Or am I missing something?

Well, I have one .screenrc in which i have 'source .screenrc-$SESSION'. Typically such a file contains which programs i want to start in that session or other spesific setup. Now i have to use a wrapper to set the SESSION-variable before i start screen, but it would be more convenient if screen suppled a way to do that without having to use such a wrapper.

--
  Peder Stray