Re: how to change to screen num bigger than 9

From: aka Rubén Gómez
Subject: Re: how to change to screen num bigger than 9
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:09:11 +0100

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 09:39, Albert Vilella <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I switch to a screen number bigger than 9?
> Say if I have screens 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10...20,
> how can I do Ctrl-a "go to screen 15"?
I have the next config in my screenrc:

# press "C-a - #" instead of just "C-a #"
bind - command -c select_1n
bind -c select_1n 0 select 10
bind -c select_1n 1 select 11
bind -c select_1n 2 select 12
bind -c select_1n 3 select 13
bind -c select_1n 4 select 14
bind -c select_1n 5 select 15
bind -c select_1n 6 select 16
bind -c select_1n 7 select 17
bind -c select_1n 8 select 18
bind -c select_1n 9 select 19
bind -c select_1n - command -c select_2n
bind -c select_2n 0 select 20
bind -c select_2n 1 select 21
bind -c select_2n 2 select 22
bind -c select_2n 3 select 23
bind -c select_2n 4 select 24
bind -c select_2n 5 select 25
bind -c select_2n 6 select 26
bind -c select_2n 7 select 27
bind -c select_2n 8 select 28
bind -c select_2n 9 select 29
bind -c select_2n - select -

With this you could have 29 screens. From 10 to 19 you should do
"Control a - 5" to go to the 15th screen, and from 20 to 29 you should
do "Control a - - 5" to go to the 25th.

Also, I have
bindkey -k k8 prev
bindkey -k k9 next

to use F8 and F9 to go to the next and previous screen.

One of the things I don't like from the project is that there is very
difficult to see examples, so it would be great to create a wiki like
http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Best_Vim_Tips where all the people could
post their screenrc with comments to know how to improve our screenrc.