Re: Moving windows around

From: Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
Subject: Re: Moving windows around
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:51:33 -0500

* James Campos had this to say on [23 Jan 2010, 05:26:43 -0800]:
> In vim, I can hit ^W^R to swap the position of two windows. Is there
> anything similar for screen? If not, I'd like to request it.

There currently is nothing similar to this in screen.

> What I currently do is: move to the top window, kill it, re-split,
> then select the window I just killed. I assume I could bind this
> somehow, but it seems like a pretty basic operation (2 keystrokes in
> vim).

It would probably be easier to 'select X, focus, select Y' instead?
Unfortunately, since 'X' and 'Y' are variables, you cannot create a
binding for this sequence of operations. So I would very likely consider
a clean patch for this feature ... *hint*

Cheers,
Sadrul