Re: Vertical split

From: Antony Jepson
Subject: Re: Vertical split
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:34:55 -0500

On 2009-11-17, Jeenu V wrote:
> Good to know that. Thanks. But I'm a bit confused. My understanding is
> that version x.y.z is global - no matter in what distro it's present,
> the official x.y.z is the same on planet earth. So I was actually
> looking for that particular x.y.z where this particular feature has
> been officially (declared) released.
>
> So looking at the screen version, rather than the man page, one would
> be able to say whether it's got it or not. Or is my understanding
> wrong?

He is suggesting that you clone the git repository from the latest tip and
compile it. You can probably look at the change-sets to determine when vertical
split support was added to the source code.  The official vanilla source
tarballs do not include the vertical split.
--
Sincerely,

Antony Jepson / <address@hidden> / GPG Key: 0xFA10ED80