Re: How to execute commands on startup screen

From: clemens fischer
Subject: Re: How to execute commands on startup screen
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 23:45:46 +0200

Tales Macedo wrote:

>    I live in Brazil and started to use screen a short time.  How to
>    start a program on the screen when it starts, automaticaly.
>
>    We use Dataflex Programas, type:     $ dfrun myprogram (I'd like
>    startup this program with Screen)

This is covered in the manual, but since this is a question with an easy
answer, here we go:  you can put all sorts of commands into your
~/.screenrc file (in your home directory), like

  # for a "bash" shell in window 0
  # screen -t shell 0 bash
  # for "dfrun" in the next available window
  screen -t dataflex dfrun myprogram
  # and so on

The "-t dataflex" gives "dataflex" to the windows title.  You can leave
it out.  If you give a small number after the title, it will become the
number of the window.

clemens