Re: Dynamic Title

From: Brian Kroth
Subject: Re: Dynamic Title
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 06:29:23 -0500

Asif Iqbal <address@hidden> 2009-06-02 17:47:
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Dan Mahoney, System Admin
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, Asif Iqbal wrote:

> >> with your setup when you ssh to a host it changes the title fine, but
> >> when exit from it
> >> the title does not change back.
> >
> > Yes, when I exit from it, it changes back because my prompt on my main
> > machine is set thusly:
> >
> > set prompt="%{\ektsch [$HOST]\e\\%}"\%
> >

> Ok it is more than just postcmd. Let me know if you can make it work
> for bash users.
>
> I dont use tcsh

This is basically what you're looking for:
http://www.twistedmatrix.com/users/glyph/preexec.bash.txt

I posted a small example of how to use it with screen (and other long
running commands) for window title changing in an earlier thread:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/screen-users/2009-04/msg00043.html

There are ways around the LC_* "requirements" I posted earlier.

Brian