screen -X hardcopy

From: Mirek23
Subject: screen -X hardcopy
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 03:15:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I start myServer program by means of  screen  by typing the command:
screen   -S myApp -d -m myServer

When I try to get the buffer hardcopy of the output which myServer prints I
use the command:
screen  -S myApp  -X hardcopy  ./buffer.txt

Unfortunately ./buffer.txt is epmty.

When I attach and detach  to the screen with the command:
screen -r

and when I use the command once again:
screen  -S myApp  -X hardcopy  ./buffer.txt

I get the ./buufer.txt file with the valid contents.

Does anybody know how to configure screen in order to use "screen  -S myApp
-X hardcopy  ./buffer.txt" without the need to  launch the command screen -r
(to attach/detach) beforehand.

Thanks in advance for any hint

M.