Re: Configure & Compile GNU Screen for Linux 64

From: William Pursell
Subject: Re: Configure & Compile GNU Screen for Linux 64
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 18:19:49 +0000

Mr. Darwin G. (D G) Adams wrote:

> If I leave off the --disable multiuser argument, I don't get any errors
> when I do the "make".
> I did leave the "config.h" MULTIUSER undefined.

I'm moving this back on list.  Please respond to the
list.

Running configure will overwrite config.h, so make
sure you edit config.h only after running configure.

The original sources do not compile if you only
disable MULTIUSER, but they do allow you to turn
off a whole bunch of things of which MULTIUSER is
only one item.  The patch enables compilation
when only MULTIUSER is disabled.
Note that I didn't check at all if undef'ing
MULTIUSER has the desired effect--I just wrote
the patch to allow the compilation to succeed.

I've applied the patch to my source tree and
the resultant tarball is available at
www.pursell.net/screen/screen-4.1.0w.123-4bbc.tar.gz

Again, I have not verified that disabling MULTIUSER
actually has the desired effect.  I just checked
that it will compile with --disable-multiuser.

--
William Pursell