Re: Variable colors in hardstatus line

From: Adrian Rollett
Subject: Re: Variable colors in hardstatus line
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:50:44 -0600

I've found that the only way to implement something like this is to
have your backtick script vary the output according to the temperature.
For instance, here's a fragment from a script I use to output the
current disk use, colored according to percentage used:

    if [[ "${PERCENTAGE}" -lt 85 ]]
    then
      echo -n "{= Kg}${HOST} ${DISK} (${PERCENTAGE}%)"
    elif [[ "${PERCENTAGE}" -lt 92 ]]
    then
      echo -n "{= Ky}${HOST} ${DISK} (${PERCENTAGE}%)"
    else
      echo -n "{= Kr}${HOST} ${DISK} (${PERCENTAGE}%)"
    fi
    echo "{= Kk}"

cheers,

Adrian
Adrian Rollett                          | Systems Manager
address@hidden          | [Central Web address@hidden