Re: EOL switch?

From: Leslie P. Polzer
Subject: Re: EOL switch?
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 20:49:18 +0100 (CET)

>> I can't. How will I send a line without Return working?
>
> Then, run 'stty -a < $PTY' from a different terminal, where $PTY is the
> terminal device file, for both the terminal in which screen is running,
> and the terminal that has been opened within screen. The former can be
> determined with the "tty" command prior to running screen in it, the
> latter should be available by looking in /proc/X/fds, where X is the
> screen backend's proc id (found via ps?). It may help to detach screen
> so the backend is the only screen process.

That's smart, thanks. I will check this when/if the problems
occurs again.

> Which terminals did you experience this problem on?

I tried mlterm and xterm IIRC.

> What shell do you use (please include version information)?

zsh 4.3.2 compiled for Debian Etch.

> Do you have any screen-specific code in your profile/rc script?

No.

> And what version of screen are you running?

4.00.03 (FAU) 23-Oct-06

> Do you continue to experience the problem when screen is run with an
> empty config file (say, screen -c /dev/null), and when you run an app
> directly without a shell (say, "screen vim")? If you run "screen cat"
> and type carriage returns, does anything at all happen?

I could only observe this problem with screen and long-running
(or often typed-into) sessions of SBCL. But I hardly run any
other program in Screen...

Screen works fine most of the time, it's only sometimes that
I get into the state I described.

  Leslie

--
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/polzer