Re: GNU Screen split vertically

From: Andrew Schulman
Subject: Re: GNU Screen split vertically
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:47:05 -0500

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 07:58:42AM -0800, Micah Cowan wrote:
> > Grigorios Bouzakis wrote:
> > >>
> > > GNU screen cant split vertically by default.
> > > Theres a patch for it though: http://fungi.yuggoth.org/vsp4s/
> >
> > The current git sources at Savannah can. And it's a different
> > implementation than the patch, so possibly better to get used to it instead.
> In debian/ubuntu default packages have it applyed. (4.0.3-11)
> And works ok.

They have which applied?  The patch cited at the URL above, or the version in
git?

How is the implementation different:  is it all behind the scenes, or are there
differences for the user?

I'd like to make vertical splitting available in the Cygwin package, but I want
to pick the best implementation.

Thanks,
Andrew.