Promote Screen? Include .screenrc!

From: holger . dinkel
Subject: Promote Screen? Include .screenrc!
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:47:30 +0200

Hi,

I've been using screen for many years now, and find it indispensable.  Still,
I know quite some people, who never managed to get a hold of it. The initial
learning curve is too steep for them, I guess...

Some years ago, I tried several Linux-Distros (Debian, SuSe, Fedora) and found
the initial .screenrc-configuration-file quite, umm, minimalistic.
(I don't know if that is still the case? Can anyone confirm?)

It took me a long time to adapt the .screenrc to my needs. In most cases, I
searched the web as well as this mailinglist (+archive) to find out what I
needed...

So, my idea was:  Why not use the combined knowledge of the people
on this mailinglist to compile a user-friendly, yet powerful initial
.screenrc-configuration and ship it to the individual package-maintainers?
(The screen-wiki already links to some dotfiles which could be used for
starters.)

I would be glad to hear your comments on this idea...

Best wishes,

Holger