F1/F2/F3/F4 don't work on my new laptop

From: Cameron Dale
Subject: F1/F2/F3/F4 don't work on my new laptop
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:05:28 -0700

Hi,

I have been using screen for a while, and I have my function keys
bound to changing the selected terminal like so:

# Use the function keys to switch among windows.
bindkey -k k1 select 1
bindkey -k k2 select 2
bindkey -k k3 select 3
bindkey -k k4 select 4
bindkey -k k5 select 5

I also have this to (according to the comment where I copied it from)
enable the function keys in screen:

termcapinfo xterm 'k1=\E[11~:k2=\E[12~:k3=\E[13~:k4=\E[14~'

However, with my new eeepc laptop this is causing problems. Now, F1 F2
F3 and F4 no longer work only on the laptop. If I remove the
termcapinfo line from .screenrc the laptop works fine, but then on all
my other machines F1-F4 stops working! Most frustrating.

I understand this might be related to the terminfo database on my
laptop, but I'm not sure what change to make so that it works like my
other machines. Or, perhaps I need to add another termcapinfo line or
more bindkey lines to my .screenrc to make the function keys work with
the laptop too. If I press ctrl-q and then the F1 - F4 keys, I get the
following key codes from screen:

^[OP ^[OQ ^[OR ^[OS

But I'm not sure what I need to add to .screenrc so they get
transformed into function keys. Please help!

Thanks,
Cameron