Re: dynamic version of C-aA

From: Peder Stray
Subject: Re: dynamic version of C-aA
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:03:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008, Fabiano Sidler wrote:

Hi folks!

In my .screenrc I have a binding to a script that lets me type in the name of a manual page and then execs man with my input as the parameter. This works great, but now, because I often open multiple manpages that way in parallel, I'd like to name my manual windows. I've got this:

#!/bin/sh
echo -n 'manual page: '
read page
title=`whatis $page | cut -d\  -f1,2 --output-delimiter=''`
#now, how to set the title here?
man $page

I've tried many strings with escape sequences, but all of them simply got printed out to the terminal instead of setting the screen subwindow title... Can someone here tell me the proper sequence? Thanks in advance! ;)

I use the normal XTerm-escape for setting the title:

echo -e '\e]0;$title\a"

--
  Peder Stray