permantly saving layout

From: Mads Michelsen
Subject: permantly saving layout
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:03:46 +0100

I attached this question to my previous thread but it sort of got taken over, so I'll try again:

I get attaching/detaching sessions and saving/attaching layouts apart from one thing: Either I'm doing it wrong or sessions as well as saved layouts only last until the computer is shut down, right? (Since the target audience is continually running servers?) For sessions, I believe I can reestablish most of the info contained in a 'session' by using commands in the .screenrc config file but layouts? If I always want the terminal to be split and the right hand partition to be exactly 56 blocks wide and load a window running my status script?