Re: send commands to a remote screen console

From: Marco Strullato
Subject: Re: send commands to a remote screen console
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:19:23 +0100

Thank you for the quick answer, it solved my problem... but now I don't know how to log out from the screen console I created in the remote server:
I tried with:
ssh -t -i ~/privata.key -l db2inst1 engtest5 screen -R -X screen exit
but the screen console was still there on the remote server...

My need is to terminate the screen console I opened before...

Thanks

Marco

2008/3/13, Trent W. Buck <address@hidden>:
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 12:17:31PM +0100, Marco Strullato wrote:
> At first I execute "ssh address@hidden screen -d -m" to open and detach
> a console on a remote server.  Then I want to execute a command into
> this console and I execute "ssh address@hidden screen -X ls". I get
> this answer: "Connection to server closed."
>
> However I can log into this server (I set up pki ssh auth) to login
> with keys.

You might need the -t switch to force ssh to allocate a tty:

    ssh -t address@hidden screeen -X screen top

See http://bugs.debian.org/461107.