closing window as well child process

From: Peter Rait
Subject: closing window as well child process
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:10:03 +0100

I have started in a window a batchfile which executes a binary file:

screen -p mywindowname -X exec myscript mywindowname

When I try to close the window with the kill command which also should terminate the executed command I see that the binary file is still running:

screen -p mywindowname -X kill

Did i miss something or why my executable has not been terminated but only disconnected from the window?

I've found a solution now:

screen -p mywindowname -X eval 'stuff "\03"'

sends a CTRL+C to every window which terminates the process but leaves the
window open.

Regards
Peter